Friday 12 August 2011

So wheres the Berwyn crash site?

We have been away from the Berwyn blog for too long, we have always had fun writing and promoting it.


I’d like to take you back to what started all this for us. Sitting in my office playing around on Facebook at the start of this year I was joined by a new work colleague, a young handsome chap that now goes by the name of Fox Mulder!


Anyway, having to break the ice I cracked some rubbish joke about E.T needing to borrow my bike and running up a huge phone bill at my mum’s house! Expecting to see the normal blank stare that I always get when I mention space I was surprised to hear his response he asked me if I’d heard of the Berwyn UFO crash. Well as you can guess our careers pretty much ended at that point with Google being our new occupation!


Asking the obvious first question if it happened then where……






Well Google maps is a great place to start, notice anything out of place in the picture below?




In the middle of this image is a square area of trees that as you can see, really is ‘in the middle of nowhere’. There is only empty land surrounding the entire place, no roads or farming tracks it’s just bog land with one solemn crop of trees slap bang in the middle! We struggled to get up there on foot, Mulder even lost his left Doc Martins’ in some mud bog.
It’s an odd place to visit, the tree crop looks all wrong sort of like it fell from the sky. It simply does not fit we just had to take a closer look.


We were very lucky with our timing because when we got there we noticed some recently cut trees. As I’m sure you all know a tree gains a ring each year so counting the rings would give us a date. We did this ring count in January 2011 as you can see from the pic below we counted 38 rings. So 38 years ago, in 1973 this tree would have been a seedling. The entire forest consists of trees at similar height which suggests all have been planted together, therefore it seems that this forest was planted around the date of the incident.




More than half a year on we are no closer to finding a logical explanation for the wood land - was it planted to help cover things up?


I wonder if a soil sample would turn up anything….


Raised eyebrow.

3 comments:

  1. Why not just talk to the local farmer who planted the wood? I expect there is a plain (boring) explanation. There are small plantations all over the place, usually in low-lying hollows where tree growth is sheltered from the wind and where the land is too wet for any other use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's definitely an X-File mate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M THE FARMER THAT OWNS THAT LAND AND I DID'NT BL**** PLANT THEM!!!! BL**** FEDS

    ReplyDelete